3. Positive Psychology Perspective: Research, Education and Communication for Health: P3REACH (1 month)
This course is currently undergoing revision and hence no batches would be announced during the year 2022
Application are invited annually for admission for a one month full time certificate course on Positive Psychology Perspective: Research, Education & Communication for Health (P3 REACH) being conducted by the Department of Clinical Psychology, NIMHANS at Bangalore.
Name of the Certificate Course:
Positive Psychology Perspective: Research, Education & Communication for Health (P3 REACH)
1. Sensitizing participants to positive psychology perspective and the scope of its applications in research and practice in multiple settings.
2. Strengthening skills in conceptualizing and conducting research grounded in positive psychological perspective
3. Building capacity to carry out educational and communication activities for mental health promotion in general community
Note: As clear in the objectives mentioned above, this course does not entail engaging in clinical work.
Number of Seats: Six per year (Two out of the six seats are reserved for individuals who are currently engaged in research or training in Positive Psychology. (If suitable candidates are not available, these two seats shall be filled by general candidates.)
Frequency: Once a year
Duration: One Month full time at NIMHANS
Course start date: 1st August to 30th August
Fee Payable: 3000/-(non-refundable)
Accommodation: The candidates need to make their own accommodation arrangements. Limited hostel accommodation may be offered only on prior request and is subject to availability at the time of joining the course.
Eligibility: MA/MSc degree in Psychology obtained from a university recognized by the UGC
Selection will be based on merit basis. The aggregate marks obtained during MA/MSc course will be considered for preparing the merit list. In case of ties, aggregate marks at undergraduate level will be considered. In case of further ties, seniority by age will be considered. For the reserved seats, the candidates must clearly mention in their application letter that they are applying against the reserved seats. They must support their claim of being currently engaged in research /training in the field of Positive Psychology through the necessary supporting document. A separate merit list will be prepared for the reserved category applicants. The merit list will be prepared using the same guidelines as mentioned for the general applicants.If suitable candidates in the reserved category are not available; these two seats shall be filled up by general candidates.
Procedure for Application:
Applications are invited typically in the month of March through a notification on the NIMHANS website. The interested candidates should send their application on the prescribed form (downloadable from the NIMHANS website at the time of annual notification) along with the following documents:
- Bio data with a recent passport size photograph and full postal address with email id
- Attested copies of undergraduate and postgraduate level degree certificates along with marks sheets
- 10th Standard certificate for age proof
- Research and work experience related documents, if any.
Applications are entertained only after the annual notification is made for a give year.
Hard copies of the application form along with supporting documents should be sent to the following address on or before the last date specified in the annual notification.
The Administrative Officer, Academic and Evaluation Section
Certificate Course Faculty:
- Dr. Seema Mehrotra, Additional Professor, Clinical Psychology (Coordinator)
- Dr. L. N.Suman Professor, Clinical Psychology
- Dr.PaulomiSudhir, Additional Professor, Clinical Psychology
- Dr.Veena A.S. Asst Professor, Clinical Psychology
For any clarification about the course content: please contact:
Dr Seema Mehrotra (Course Coordinator),
Dept of Clinical Psychology, M.V. Govindaswamy Center (3rd Floor),