Vision and Mission
To be a world leader in the area of Mental Health and Neurosciences and
evolve state-of-the-art approaches to patient care through translational research
- Test Establish the highest standards of evidence-based care for psychiatric and neurological disorders and rehabilitation
- Develop expertise and set standards of care for diseases of public health relevance in the developing world
- Work with the government and provide consultancy services for policy planning and monitoring strategies in the field of Mental Health and Neurosciences and facilitate execution of national health programme.
- Human resource capacity building by training in diverse fields related to Mental Health and Neurosciences.
- Develop and strengthen inter-disciplinary, inter-institutional and international collaboration with universities and research institutes across the globe to foster scientific research, training in advanced technology and exchange of ideas in the areas of Mental Health and Neurosciences.
- Strive to enhance equitable accessibility of primary care in Mental Health and Neurological Disorders to all sections of society and ages including the vulnerable population.
- Evolve and monitor the strategies for disaster management and psycho-social rehabilitation in different cultural and ethnic groups.
- Promote Mental Health literacy and eliminate the stigma attached to the Mental and Neurological Illnesses by taking the measures and the delivery system to the centres of primary health care honouring the human rights and dignity.
- Integrate allopathic and oriental medicine into health care delivery and promote evidence-based research.
- Integrate physical and metaphysical aspects of Neuroscience research to promote yoga and its application to positive mental health.
- Participate in broad field of Neuroscience and Behavioral Research applicable to human ethics, organ transplantation, stem cell research, space science, and nuclear science.