Vision, Mission, Objectives
To be at the forefront in the area of Neuro Psychiatric Nursing, guided by a philosophy and commitment to promote health, alleviate suffering, and prevent illness, through state-of-the-art approaches to patient care, high-quality nursing education and research.
- Establish the highest standards of Neuro Psychiatric nursing care and rehabilitation at primary, secondary and tertiary levels.
- Advance manpower development by providing nursing education of the highest standard in the field of mental health and neuro sciences, reflecting the philosophy and core values of the nursing profession.
- Promote research-oriented nursing practice to fortify the science of nursing, and use research as an integral part of nursing care in improving patient outcomes.
- Provide consultancy services in areas relevant to the current and future direction of nursing practice, education, and research.
- To provide quality nursing care to patients and families in the hospital, as well as in the community, through multidisciplinary approach
- To maintain quality in educational programs for students (Ph.D., M.Sc. Psychiatric Nursing, Diploma in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing, Diploma in Neuro Science Nursing, other short-term training programs)
- To provide clinical learning experience to students of various categories placed in the Department from India and abroad
- To build up research potential in the Department
- To provide leadership in the field of mental health and neuro science nursing in the country;
To provide advisory and consultation services in the field of nursing service, education, and research.