- Research programme is focused on epilepsy, infections of the nervous system, stroke, neuromuscular disorders, movement disorders, demyelinating disorders, cognition, neuropathy, toxic and metabolic disorders, degenerative disorders and epidemiology.
- NIMHANS, Indian Council of Medical Research, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Department of Biotechnology and various drug firms have provided financial support for a number of research projects.
- Assisting in formulating the infrastructure facilities required for developing and delivering neurological services, human resource development of high standard in the country.
- The strategy of treatment developed for Wilson’s disease.
- Use of intrathecal hyaluronidase in the management of spinal arachnoiditis.
- The delineation of specific issues related to stroke in the young.
- Electrophysiological diagnosis of early nerve damage in leprosy.
- Description and characterization of the distinct entity of monomelicamyotrophy, and the development of a model for descriptive neuroepidemiological studies in developing countries.
- Treatment of Parkinson’s disease by medications or by placing deep brain stimulation.
- Expertise in advisory panels of various national decision making bodies such as :
- Medical Council of India
- Indian Council of Medical Research
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
- National Board of Examinations
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Biotechnology
- National Institute of Virology
- Neurological Society of India
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- Contributions at International organizations:
- World Health Organization
- World Federation of Neurology
- International Federation of Neurophysiology
- Faculty members participated in editorial boards of various national and international journal
Conducted various conferences and workshops in the area of epilepsy, neural leprosy, neuro virology, motor neuron disease, movement disorders, epilepsy, neuromuscular disorders, infections of the nervous system, stroke and neuroepidemiology.