The Department of Neurological Rehabilitation has got 6 days out-patient consultation services (OPD). Dr. Anupam Gupta, Professor and Head of the department, is available in OPD on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. Dr. Meeka Khanna, Associate Professor, runs OPD on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays. Dr. Rasmi Krishnan, Assistant Professor, is available in OPD on all working days. Consultants are supported by Sr. resident & Post-Doctoral Fellows in the OPD. Patient referrals come from Departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Adult Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Besides a good number and proportion of patients come directly to us from screening block seeking rehabilitation services. The 2-grand rounds for inpatients with multidisciplinary team take place on Tuesdays and Fridays. Urodynamic lab procedures are done in the morning hours on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday (depending up on patient load and waiting list). Most of the intervention procedures are done in OPD or Ultrasound room in the afternoon after OPD timings, on all working days.
We have well-equipped Occupational therapy section, which caters to the needs of both out-patients and inpatients of Neurological Rehabilitation ward and other Departments and wards of the Institute.
We are aslo part of team of Neuromuscular clinic and Neuropathy clinic being run by the department of Neurology.
Occupational therapy enables people to do the day-to-day activities that are important to them despite impairments, activity limitations or participation restrictions or despite risks for these problems. Occupations are another name for these day-to-day activities.
- Evaluating and providing intervention in collaboration with the client, family, care giver, or others
- Developing, improving, sustaining, or restoring skills in activities of daily living (ADL), work or productive activities, and play or leisure
- Identifying and facilitating engagement in meaningful and healthy occupations
- Developing, remediating, or restoring sensorimotor, cognitive, or psychosocial components of performance
- Educating the client, family, care giver, or others in carrying out appropriate nonskilled interventions
There is an orthotist alongwith an orthotic assistant in the orthotic section
- Upper limb orthoses like resting hand splint, short cock-up splint
- Lower limb orthoses like ankle foot orthosis, knee –ankle foot orthosis
- Spinal orthosis- AP jacket
- We have got one technician for Urodynamic laboratory.
- Urodynamic study is done for both inpatients and outdoor patients of the hospital.