Vision, Mission & Objectives
आ नो भद्राः क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वतोऽदब्धासो अपरितासउद्भिदः।
देवा नो यथा सदमिद् वृधे असन्नप्रायुवो रक्षितारो दिवे दिवे॥
ā no bhadrāḥ kratavo kṣyantu viśvato adabdhāso aparītāsa udbhidaḥ |
(ṛg ved 1.89.1.)
May, auspicious knowledge, which harms no one come to us from all sides, such knowledge be unimpeded, unsubdued, unravel the unknown, incessantly lead to unhindered progress and may the divine guardians help us grow day by day.
एकं शास्त्रमधीयानो न विद्याच्छास्त्रनिश्चयम् |
तस्माद्बहुश्रुतः शास्त्रं विजानीयाच्चिकित्सकः ||
ekaṃ śāstraṃ adhīyāno na vidhyāt śāstraniścayaṃ |
Tasmāt bahuśrutaḥ shastraṃ vijāniyāt cikitsakaḥ||
(suśruta saṃhita sūtra sthāna 4/7)
It is not possible to conclude based on a single stream of knowledge. Hence, a healer should acquire knowledge of several other knowledge systems.
- Patient Care: The department aims to provide integrative, comprehensive, personalized, safe and effective patient care that is inclusive of evidence-informed practices and recognizes the relationship between body, mind, and the spirit; emphasizing on healing, disease prevention and health promotion.
- Human Resource Development: capacity building in the area of Integrative Mental Health and Neurosciences.
- Research: bridging the traditional concepts of Yoga and Ayurveda with modern understanding of neuropsychiatric illnesses through evidence-based scientific approaches.
- Establish the highest standard of evidence-based care that is patient-centered, focused on promoting health and well-being, and incorporates the best from Ayurveda, Yoga and Neuropsychiatry.
- Develop and strengthen trans-disciplinary, inter-institutional and international collaboration with premier research institutes and universities across the globe to foster high impact scientific research, training in advanced technology and promote exchange of ideas in the areas of Integrative Mental Health and Neurosciences.
- Human resource capacity building by training manpower for the application of Integrative Medicine in Mental Health and Neurosciences.
- Facilitate the integration of Indian traditional systems of medicine into conventional healthcare facilities through pursuit of cutting-edge research and participation in the policy making activities of the government in the field of Integrative Medicine.
- To understand medical illnesses from traditional medicine perspective, and translate this knowledge into innovative and integrative approaches of clinical care through pragmatic evidence based research
- To develop and validate generic yoga and Ayurveda-based integrative modules for various mental and neurological disorders.
- To test the feasibility of the developed yoga and Ayurveda-based integrative modules in specific neuropsychiatric conditions for their clinical application.
- To deliver yoga and Ayurveda-based integrative clinical services (inpatient/outpatient) for patients with various neuropsychiatric conditions on the basis of best available evidence from these sciences.
- To conduct academic programs for the manpower to facilitate brain-storming ideas to pave the path for innovation, research excellence and successful clinical application of yoga, Ayurveda and conventional neuropsychiatry.
- To conduct webinars and conferences to provide a platform for updating the recent advances in the field of Integrative Medicine, to promote exchange of research ideas and strengthen collaborative research with premier research institutions and universities working in Integrative Mental Health and Neurosciences.
- Application of recent advances in the field of Integrative Medicine to improvise the existing methods of diagnostics and therapeutics in Integrative Mental Health and Neurosciences
- To conduct cutting-edge bench-to-bedside research in the area of Integrative Medicine (Ayurveda & Yoga), Mental Health and Neurosciences and work for the successful translation of the research findings to patient-care and community health.
- To facilitate public outreach programs to familiarize the public with traditional concepts of yoga and Ayurveda, practical application of these sciences in day-to-day life to promote wellbeing.
- To train students in Integrative Mental Health and Neurosciences by conducting certificate courses, postgraduate and doctoral courses in Yoga, Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine.
- To promote academic collaborations with universities of repute to facilitate student exchange programs.
- To develop health education materials for both professionals and non-professionals in the field of Mental Health.
- To extend Integrative Medicine services to both community oriented and community based services.
- To extend Integrative Medicine services to grass-root level by training manpower working under primary health centers, community health centers and district hospitals in India.