Infrastructure available at Neurobiology Research Centre, NIMHANS
Well-equipped laboratories viz., the Neuromuscular Laboratory, Molecular biology (communicable), Molecular Genetics, Metabolic and Neurooncology Labs have the infrastructure and equipment to carry out various advanced molecular diagnostic tests. The Laboratories have the necessary equipment essential to carry out the tests which can be augmented based on the need.
Services provided/ initiated towards patient care
Molecular Genetics Laboratory;
- Molecular diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy and Spinal muscular atrophy.
- Molecular diagnosis of Huntington’s disease and Spinocerebellar ataxia.
Molecular biology (communicable)laboratory);
- PCR for HSV1&2, VZV, JCV, CMV, JE, Rabies, Enterovirus, Dengue, Chickungunya, H1N1, etc
- Acute encephalitis syndrome (AES) & Septicemia chip.
Screening for inborn errors of metabolism using tandem mass spectrometry
- 1p19q status using FISH technique for the molecular diagnosis of anaplastic oligodendroglioma and other gliomas.
- MGMT methylation status by methylation specific PCR for GBM and other high grade gliomas.
- IDH-1 immunostaining for diffuse gliomas
- Western blot for calpain, dysferlin, alpha dystroglycan, telethonin for the diagnosis of Limb girdle muscular dystrophies
- Mitochondrial Complex assays (I to IV) for the diagnosis of mitochondrial disorders(standardized in the Neurotoxicology Laboratory)
- ANA (Autoantibody) profile, ANCA for the diagnosis of connective tissue disease/systemic vasculitides
- Aquaporin 4 antibodies for the diagnosis of Neuromyelitis optica
- Paraneoplastic panel for the diagnosis of paraneoplastic syndromes
- Autoimmune encephalitis mosaic for the diagnosis of autoimmune/ limbic encephalitis (NMDA, VGKC, AMPA receptors 1&2, and GABA receptor)