Developing and strengthening components of Psychosocial Support in Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness, Rescue, Relief, Rehabilitation, and Reconstruction phases of disasters at national, regional, and local levels.
Strengthening and implementing a capacity building, human resource development, and research activities and programs on Psychosocial Support across the country at all phases of disaster management including disaster risk reduction.
- Developing the culture of psychosocial preparedness for any disaster.
- Aiding the development of evidence-based policies on psychosocial support.
- Developing institutional capabilities for closing the gap between knowledge and practice.
- Catalyzing the development of appropriate human resources at all levels.
- Encouraging and undertaking the community-based practice of psychosocial support in disaster management.
- Undertaking advocacy on psychosocial support in disaster management.
- Integrating psychosocial support components with other aspects of disaster management.