Workshop & Training
Workshops & training programs are conducted periodically for students, professionals, caregivers and our staff. Some of our previous programmes have been,
- More than 10 Conferences/ Symposiums/CME’sin last 5 years on topics such as ‘Research and Services in Psychiatric Rehabilitation: Focus on Recovery’, ‘Recovery from Mental Illness: Towards Life beyond Symptom Relief’, , ‘Learning from Best Practices from other disabilities’, Nuts and Bolts of Starting and running psychiatric rehabilitation services’, ‘ Quality of Life in chronic mental illness’, ‘Recovery Oriented Services (ROSeS) for mental health’, ‘Nurses Role in Psychiatric Rehabilitation’ etc
- Volunteer programme: to induct good Samaritans from the community to help patients, was held on 23rdMarch 2013, 9thJuly 2013 and 24th May 2014.
- District and Taluk level functionaries of the Department for Empowerment of the differently abled and senior citizens, Govt of Karnataka were oriented about Psychiatric disability as part of 5-day orientation and training programme on 5th February 2014 in Bangalore. Also District Disabled Welfare Officers from Karnataka were provided a half-day workshop on mental disability on 15th December 2015, on occasion of World Disability Day.
- ‘National conference on research and services in Psychiatric rehabilitation: Focus on Recovery’ on 8th and 9th March 2014.
- “National - Level Expert Consensus Meet on Disability due to Mental illness and Future Directions” at NIMHANS, Bangalore, (Funded by Dr Ramachandra N Moorthy foundation for Mental Health & Neurological Sciences) was held on 20/08/2017
- ‘Sanjeevani Vedike’: a program for caregivers’ education is conducted on the Third Tuesday of every month.
History and Past heads
Vision, Mission, Objectives
What We Do
Summary and Details
Academic / Courses psychiatric rehabilitation
Workshop & training psychiatric rehabilitation
Research and Publications
Journals of Psychiatric Rehabilitation & Mental Health