Gifting to NIMHANS
Thank you for your interest in making a gift to NIMHANS.
The fulfilment of NIMHANS’ vision and mission depends on your support.
There are many ways to give:
- Support treatment for someone with a mental or neurological illness- Many children and adults may not be able to afford long term treatment or specific investigations. You could help by supporting their treatment
- Donate in kind: Individuals and organisations have supported us with generous donations. For example, wheelchairs, infant care essentials to the Mother-Baby ward, computers from CISCO-Rotary Sankya to the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services and many others.
- Support research in a specific area: There are many frontiers areas of research at NIMHANS that you could fund – ranging from understanding the causes of mental and neurological disorders to studies focusing on the effectiveness of treatments, prevalence of disorders and clinical research.
- Partner with us: Corporate and Foundation partnerships: Partnerships with corporate, NGOs and foundations can provide crucial support to advance our mission. Some of our associations include those with the Infosys Foundation, White Swan Foundation and Dr. Ramachandra N. Moorthy Foundation.
- Volunteer your time: Many individuals and organisations have given of their time. For example, art therapy sessions and other volunteer activities at Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, Youth-PRO college youth volunteers, Helping Hands volunteers to guide patients and family members.
Make a tax deductible gift:
For individual and corporate donations, get 50% tax exemption under Section 80G of the I.T. Act
For corporate donations towards research activities, get 200% tax exemption under Section 35 (i) (2) of the I.T. Act
For more information, please contact the administration; the Director, Registrar or Medical Superintendent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)