Human Resource Development
Imparting basic, advanced and updated knowledge and skills in the discipline of epidemiology and public health is one of the key mandates of the department. For public health programmes to be effective, there is need for a strong public health workforce which includes academicians, policy analysts, researchers, public health activists, health administrators, health practitioners, health care providers, NGOs and civil society. One of the important functions at CPH will be augmenting human resource development (HRD) capabilities and activities, in line with the ever changing health needs of the country. CPH will focus on wide spectrum of HRD activities, ranging from degree awarding programmes to training and capacity strengthening of peripheral level health functionaries.
The Centre for Public Health will be conducting :
- Two years Masters in Public Health course.
- PhD courses in Epidemiology.
- Capacity enhancement programmes for policy makers and programme managers.
- Certificate programmes for health professionals.
- Short-term training programmes for in-service health professionals and para-professionals.
Information about upcoming courses and training activities will be periodically posted on the NIMHANS website as well as in our forthcoming activities.
Human Resources and Training in Mental Health
Series Title: Mental Health Policy and Service Guidance Package
Authors: World Health Organization