The significations contributions of the Centre are:
- Systematic analysis of highway road safety issues.
- Developing programmes for strengthening emergency and trauma care.
- Implementing injury surveillance programmes
- Establishing trauma registries in India.
- Supporting legislation and enforcement towards the use of helmets, reducing drink driving, speed reduction programmes, promoting seat belt use and others.
- Promoting road safety information systems
- Understanding baseline assessment and situation analysis in Indian states and other Low and middle-income countries.
- Major inputs for policy initiatives of Planning Commission, Expert group on establishing directorate of road safety, development of National road safety policy and others.
- Establishment of an exclusive suicide prevention helpline.
- Development of distress prevention helpline for adolescents.
- Inputs for developing measures to restrict the easy availability of Organophosphorus compounds and drugs in suicide prevention.
- Systematic analysis of violence prevention programmes.
- Research, advocacy, policy strengthening and evaluation in Violence and Injury Prevention.
- Supporting and implementing WHO activities in Violence and Injury Prevention
- Impact assessments of injuries and RTIs