Vision, Mission and objectives
To be the leaders and to maintain good standards in the field of Transfusion Medicine, Haematology & Clinical Pathology, to assist the clinicians by providing safe, affordable and highest quality of blood and blood products to NIMHANS and neighbouring hospitals, to undertake therapeutic procedures for critically ill neurological patients, to develop skilled man power for the state and the country in the specialty and to cater for patient care through research.
- a) Provide highest quality of therapeutic and diagnostic transfusion medicine, haematology and clinical pathology services for the patients
- b) Provide training in Transfusion Medicine, Clinical Pathology & Haematology for manpower development
- c) Incorporate latest diagnostic techniques which are helpful in patient care
- d) Develop teaching modules required to start postgraduate course in Transfusion Medicine
- e) To assure reliable and economical supply of safe blood, by providing standard and acceptable hemotherapy services
- f) Train and develop sufficient manpower in transfusion medicine technology, to meet the requirement of all the centres in the country.
- g) Provide support to Govt initiatives in achieving its objectives and promote research and education programs in transfusion medicine and also to provide consultative services for the state and the country in the field of Transfusion Medicine.
- a) Provide high quality of therapeutic and diagnostic services for the patients of NIMHANS and other health care centres in South India
- b) Develop sufficient manpower in the field of transfusion medicine, haematology and clinical pathology to cater to the requirements of meet the requirement of NIMHANS and other health care centres
- c) Provide safe blood/blood components and therapeutic services ( plasmapheresis and phlebotomy) to patients round the clock
- f) Train and develop sufficient manpower in transfusion medicine technology, to meet the requirement of all the centres in the state of Karnataka by enhance training methods and achieve excellence in training in transfusion medicine technology for the state of Karnataka.
- h) Provide support and co-operation for Government initiatives including NACO, National Blood Transfusion Council (NBTC) and National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in achieving its objectives.
- g) Provide quality service in the fields of Transfusion Medicine, Haematology & Clinical Pathology