The department has state-of-the-art labs, a prerequisite for quality service. The department has two sound treated rooms for audiometric evaluation and separate rooms for auditory Evoked potential, Oto Acoustic Emission, Immittance testing and Central Auditory processing lab. There are two research labs housing multi-channel ERP system and other research equipment.
Audiology clinic functions on all working days from morning 9 am to a 4.30 pm. Patients are screened on their first visit and are scheduled with an appointment for detailed evaluation. Priorities are given to patients posted for surgery, in-patients, infants and geriatric population.
Speech Language Pathology:
Patients are seen on appointment basis throughout the week from morning 9 am to 1 pm. The afternoon is scheduled for therapeutic intervention. Priorities are given to in-patients, patients with swallowing issues, infants and geriatric population.
The diagnostic work-up includes; acoustic evaluation of speech using software programs; detail aphasia, dementia, autism spectrum disorders, dysarthria and cognitive-linguistic testing, to mention a few. Separate rooms for diagnostic and therapeutic work-up are available at the department.
Types of patients seen at the department:
Childhood Communication Disorders;
- Developmental lag secondary to intellectual developmental disorder,
- Autism Spectrum disorder
- Specific Language Impairment
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Developmental Dyspraxia
- Childhood Dysphasia
- Phonological Disorders
- Learning Disability
- Voice Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Stroke
- Cerebral Palsy
- Functional Disorders
- Clefts (repaired/unrepaired) in the oral structure
Adult Communication Disorders;
- Neurodegenerative conditions
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Psychiatric conditions
- Hearing loss in children and adults
- Hearing deficits due to space occupying/degenerative/vascular lesions
- Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorders
- Central Auditory Processing Disorders
- Vestibular Disorders
- Group Therapy for Stutterers on every first and third Saturday at 3 pm.
- Speech and hearing clinic for Senior Citizens on every Tuesday and Saturday mornings
- Vestibular Assessment and Rehabilitation Clinic