Peer-reviewed papers & Research monographs
Epidemiology & Psychopathology
- Chand P, Jayaram N, Murthy P. Iatrogenic tramadol addiction. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2017 Mar 28;69(1):57-8.
- Chattopadhyay AC, Shukla L, Kandasamy A, Benegal V. High-dose zolpidem dependence - Psychostimulant effects? A case report and literature review. Ind Psychiatry J 2016;25:222-4.
- Desai M, Bandawar M, Kandasamy A, Benegal V. Family loading and morbidity risk of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in patients with alcohol-dependence syndrome. Indian J Psychol Med 2017;39:659-62.
- Esser MB, Rao GN, Gururaj G, Murthy P, Jayarajan D, Sethu L, Jernigan DH,Benegal V (2017) Harms from Alcohol Consumption by Strangers in Five Indian States and Policy Implications. Drug and Alcohol Review [In press].
Ganesh S, Kandasamy A, Sahayaraj US, Benegal V. Adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in patients with substance use disorders: A study from Southern India. Indian J Psychol Med 2017;39:59-62
Gupta A, Murthy P, Rao S. Brief screening for cognitive impairment in addictive disorders. Indian J Psychiatry 2018;60:451-6.
Jaisoorya S, George S, Thennarasu K, Benegal V (2017) Do high school students in India gamble? A study of problem gambling and its correlates. Journal of Gambling Studies. [In press]
Jaisoorya TS, Gowda GS, Nair BS, Menon PG, Rani A, Radhakrishnan KS, Revamma M, Jeevan CR, Kishore A, Thennarasu K & Benegal V (2017): Correlates of High-Risk and Low-Risk Alcohol Use among College Students in Kerala, India, Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, DOI: 10.1080/02791072.2017.1370748
Benegal V & George S (2018) History and evolution of gambling in India. In: Gambling in India: Past, Present & Future. Eds: Sanju George & Jaisoorya TS. Peepee P ublishers and Distributors, New Delhi, 2018
Bandawar M, Narasimha VL, Chand P. Use of digital technology in addiction disorders. Indian journal of psychiatry. 2018 Feb;60(Suppl 4):S534.
Malik K, Chand PK, Marimuthu P, Suman LN. Addiction severity and comorbidity among women with alcohol use disorders: A hospital-based study from India. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2017;28:67-72.
Malik K, Chand PK, Marimuthu P, Suman LN. Awareness and beliefs about alcohol use among women in India. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health. 2017 Sep 16:1-10.
Malik K, Chand PK, Marimuthu P, Suman LN. Stressful and traumatic experiences among women with alcohol use disorders in India. Indian journal of psychological medicine. 2017 Sep;39(5):611.
Manimunda SP, Sugunan AP, Thennarasu K, Pandian D, Pesala KS, Benegal V. Alcohol consumption, hazardous drinking, and alcohol dependency among the population of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Indian J Public Health 2017;61:105-11.
Murthy P, Mishra S (2017) Tobacco use in Pregnancy-Global evidence and Relevance to LMIC. J Subst Abuse Alcohol 5(4): 1069.
Narayanan G. Self and informant reports of personality traits in a middle-aged alcohol dependent woman. Indian Journal of Health and Wellbeing, 8 (7): 762-764. 2017
Sarin A, Murthy P, Jain S. Addiction and technology: Plus ça change plus c’est la même (The more things change, the more they remain the same). Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 2017;59(2):236-239.
Shah D, Chand PK, Bandawar M, Benegal V, Murthy P. Cannabis induced psychosis and subsequent psychiatric disorders. Asian Journal of Psychiatry , 2017; Volume 30 , 180 – 184.
- Sharma M, Thomas D, Girish N, Thennarasu K, Benegal V (2018)Case report on implication of E-sport for changing platform of expression of bullying. Asian Journal of Psychiatry (In press)
- Sharma M, Thomas D, Girish N, Thennarasu K, Benegal V (2018)Problematic Shopping behavior: Prevalence and implication for screening & intervention in health care setting Asian Journal of Psychiatry; 31: 96-97.
- Sharma M, Thomas D, Girish N, Thennarasu K, Benegal V (2018)Television Addiction: implication for enhancing media literacy for healthy use of technology. Indian Journal of Social Psychiatry. [In press]
- Sharma M, Thomas D, Girish N, Thennarasu K, Benegal V(2018)Gambling in an Indian community –an emerging mental health issue for exploration. Asian Journal of Psychiatry 31:8-9
- Sharma MK, Rao GN, Benegal V, Thennarasu K, Thomas D. (2017) Technology addiction survey: An emerging concern for raising awareness and promotion of healthy use of technology. Indian J Psychol Med;39:495-9
- Shukla L, Bokka S, Shukla T, Kandasamy A, Chand P, Benegal V, Murthy P. Benzodiazepine and “Z-drug” Dependence: Data from a tertiary care center. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord.2017;19(1):16br02025.
- Shukla L, Reddy SS, Kandasamy A, Benegal V. What kills everyone, gives a high for some − Recreational Snake Envenomation.. 2017;25:106-8.
- Soundararajan S, Narayanan G, Agrawal A, Prabhakaran D, Murthy P Relation between age at first alcohol drink & adult life drinking patterns in alcohol-dependent patients. Indian J Med Research 2017; Volume : 146 (Issue 5): 606-611.
- Marissa B. Esser, Gopalkrishna Gururaj, Girish N. Rao, David H.Jernigan, Pratima Murthy, Deepak Jayarajan, Lakshmanan Sethuraman, Vivek Benegal andCollaborators Group on Epidemiological Study of Patterns and Consequences of Alcohol Misuse in India.