ONE MONTH ON SITE SUBSTANCE USE TREATMENT ORIENTATION PROGRAM (STOP)
Centre for Addiction Medicine (CAM),NIMHANS is conducting a One-month orientation programme on “Substance abuse management” from 2nd November to 30th November, 2018.
The areas that will be covered include epidemiology of substance use, comprehensive assessment, acute and long-term management, motivation enhancement, pharmacotherapy, and counseling for relapse prevention. Specific areas like vulnerability, co-morbidities, harm reduction, special population groups will also be covered.
The programme will include didactic lectures, role play, group work and hands on training. This course is intended to provide training in substance use identification and management for both medical and non-medical professionals.
Minimum Qualification: Graduation in any subject and interest in addiction field.
Fee: 5000 INR for Medical Professionals, 3000 INR for non-medical professionals.
Click Here for PROGRAMME SCHEDULE
Tentative List of topics in STOP 2018
- Overview of Substance Use Disorders
- Understanding Addiction as a disease
- Psychosocial theories of Addiction
- Alcohol dependence : A public health problem
- Assessment of Alcohol Use Disorders
- Management of Alcohol Use Disorders
- Medical and Psychiatric Complications of Alcohol Use
- Nicotine Use Disorders and its Management
- Cannabis use disorders and Management
- Opioid use Disorders and its Management
- Inhalant abuse and benzodiazepine abuse disorders
- Behavioural addictions
- Substance use among women
- Child and Adolescent Substance Abuse
- Dual Diagnosis
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in Substance use Disorder
- Relapse Prevention
- Harm reduction Approach in Management of Substance use Disorders
- Self help groups
- Role of Yoga in Recovery from Substance Use Disorders (Theory and Demonstration)
- Family interventions in Substance Use Disorders
- Group therapy in Substance Use disorders
- Mindfulness based Interventions in Substance Use Disorders
- Empowering adolescents with life skills education in schools
- Occupational therapy in Substance Use Disorders
- Role of toxicology in management of substance use disorders and visit to the laboratory
- Legal aspects of substance abuse
- Running a De-addiction centre
Kindly let us know if you would like to include any other topic of your interest. We will try to accommodate a few more.